First, a simple update. I have finished grad school! My certification paperwork is in the works. I am moving into the next chapter of life, and I am very excited about all of that. I am currently substitute teaching and looking for jobs. I am also very excited about the holidays and everything the future holds.
Now to move onto the pondering. I have a journal where I keep notes for this blog, teaching ideas, teaching resources, professional development notes, and all sorts of other job related things. This journal goes to work with me every day. And sometimes when I’m at work I just sit and think. Today I started thinking about technology and the classroom and how the two relate and all sorts of other related things. And as I thought I came up with a list of questions. I thought that here would be a great place to share those questions and see what all of you thought.
- What are good ways to use cell phones in the classroom?
- What are good ways to bring technology into the classroom?
- How can technology be used for differentiation?
- How can social media connect to English class?
- How can students connect with English class?
- How can writing be made fun and accessible?
- What are ways students can connect with older/classic texts?
- What are students reading and how can that be brought into the classroom?
- How can grammar be fun?
- How can I get my students to read on their own and on a regular basis?
- How can I make a great class library?
- What are good ways to connect texts to today’s world?
- How can I make reading and writing relevant?
I’m sure that with time I’ll add more questions to the list. And please feel free to share your own questions with me or give me your thoughts on my questions.